Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Verdict: Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-in-Conditioner


Carol's Daughter has evolved from a local brand in 1993 to this household brand name among African Americans, especially women. However, the products must be reviewed on a individual basis, as any product will vary in results. My first experience was with the Hair Milk...I spent $10 on a 6oz jar only to try it and give it away. That was in 2006, now four years later I said "hey I maybe I should try something else". I had a partial sew-in for a protective style and needed a conditioner to keep my natural tresses underneath moisturized. I review a couple of YouTube videos and several ladies recommended Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-in-Conditioner.



I purchased it from Sephora (in which I adore) for $12. I put the product into action immediately after washing my sew-in.


1. The smell did not mix well with my hair's natural scent. I could get over this as long as the product is effective.


2. It dried out my weave, which makes me believe there may be some type of alcohol in the ingredients. (I did not spray the weave, I only sprayed the parts in my natural hair)


3. The itchiness was minimized. A definite plus


4. My hair was not as soft as usual after applying the Black Vanilla. NEGATIVE


5. Price - $12 Not too bad, I've spent more (Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding $60)


Overall, I would not try anymore Carol's Daughter products. I'm a Product Junkie (PJ) but even PJs have limits. Her trials are over and beyond my limits. Maybe this product just is not right for my hair type. I hope this helped you and maybe you've had better luck with CD products.


Until next time Naptural Hautees!

No comments:

Post a Comment