Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Product Junkies Anonymous

Hey my fellow PJs (product junkies),

I wanted to do a post that identified my favorite hair products. They aren't all produced with natural hair in mind....hmmm, I say that then I think most Black women are the females who are not rocking their natural hair. Caucasian, Asian, Indian, Lebanese, Latin...you get the idea, aren't walking around saying, "oh I'm natural". That's because most of them always have been, they don't grow usually and their mom slaps a perm or relaxer on their hair; grant it some of them do get perms for curly hair or relaxers for straight hair but they don't make refer to naturalness when they do have either process. So, I said all that to say some of these products may not be specifically for African American hair as they do not make a distinction between our texture and other nations.
SHAMPOO (I will list my review of some No Poos later)
  • Redken (all) but my fave is Fresh Curls (Teal colored bottle) - This doesn't dry my hair out, it lathers a lot so a small amount can be used.

CONDITIONERS
  • Redken Fresh Curls Conditioner (creamy)

  • Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner (great for deep conditioning under dryer hood)
  • Herbal Essence Hello Hydration (very thick and creamy --LOVE IT!)



MOISTURIZERS
  • Shea Butter (natural, unprocessed - you cannot generally buy this in a store) This usually last me for years. I just ordered another container of Shea butter for $6 - 8oz but there is so much in that small container. I ordered it from http://www.sheaessentials.com/ Great Deal!
  • Olive Oil
  • Coconut Oil
  • Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner (I have used twice but I'm going to do a review on my YouTube vlog)** ($12 - Sephora)


HEAT PROTECTANT

  • Shea Butter
  • Umberto Blow Dry Lotion (you can get this at Target fro $10)
  • Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Relaxing Balm (Haven't tried yet)** ($16)


STYLING

  • Shea Butter ( I know I use this everywhere, lol)
  • Paul Mitchell Foaming Pommade (LOVE IT! $13-20 depending on bottle size)
  • Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade (great for slicking hair back or even twists, their really shiny after using this)
So that's all I use right now. I have those ** by the items I am going to do a review and show on my vlog. Every one's hair is different so things that work for me, possibly will not work for you but at least you see what I utilize for my hair.

P.s. I'll upload the video later of my different styles.

Ciao Naptural Hotties!




No comments:

Post a Comment