Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Verdict: Umberto Blow Dry Lotion Vs. Paul Mitchell SS Relaxing Balm

This week's product review will cover Umberto Blow Dry Lotion vs. Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Relaxing Balm. These products are recommended for straight hairstyles as a heat protectants and to aid in the drying/straightening process. Both will be rated based on texture, lifespan, cost, durability, effectiveness, the process and final results.

Umberto Blow Dry Lotion
Texture: It is very silky and coats well (good heat protectant)
Durability: Straight hair last for about 2 weeks or longer depending on how often you need to wash your hair.
Lifespan: One bottle can last several months depending on how often you straighten your hair. 1-2 dime size drops based on length and thickness of hair. It coats the hair very well.
Effectiveness: When I first tried Umberto, I was in love, my hair was more manageable during the drying process versus just using Shea butter and curl moisturizer.
Process: I have to part my hair in four parts, then each part must be broken down to at least 4-5 parts to make sure I can detangle thoroughly. 1 hour until completion.
Final Results: Once I use the flat iron, after the hair is dry, it leaves my hair silky smooth and shiny.
Cost: $10, Target

Con: There's a build-up on my hands and brush when I'm done, which could be from applying to hair. Takes about an hour to finish the complete process of drying with this product.
Pro: No build-up on my hair. It doesn't weigh my hair down or leave it oily. My hair is full of body and shine.

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Balm
Texture: It is silky and coats well (good heat protectant)
Durability: Straight hair last for about 2 weeks or longer depending on how often you need to wash your hair.
Lifespan: One bottle can last several months to a year depending on how often you straighten your hair. 1 dime size drop coats the hair very well.
Effectiveness: I was skeptic because I do not like his shampoo but love his other styling aid (Foaming Pommade) but I love it, my hair was even more manageable during the drying process versus Umberto. As soon I apply the small amount to my hair, it is detangled within in seconds. The Denman glides through with ease.
Process: I have to part my hair in four parts, then each part must be broken down to 3 parts but the detangling was quicker. It 2 times faster, spending approx. 7 minutes on each section, instead of 15. My hair did not get caught in the brush as it sometimes did with Humberto.
Final Results: Once I use the flat iron, after the hair is dry, it leaves my hair silky smooth and shiny.
Cost: $16, Ulta or Super Cuts

Con: There's a build-up on my hands but not my brush when I'm done. A little pricey but a lot goes a long way.
Pro: No build-up on my hair. It doesn't weigh my hair down or leave it oily. My hair is full of body and shine. During actually drying or blowout process my hair gets straighter before I even go through it with flat iron.

They both are really good heat protectants and have good & similar results in the end but I will discontinue my use of Umberto and switch totally over to Paul Mitchell.

I will post pictures of the difference later today. You may not be able to tell the difference, lol.

Ciao Naptural Hautees!

No comments:

Post a Comment